Class N° 5:
Hello again! Thanks for contacting me
one more time. This class, we are working with THE SIMPLE PASTE TENSE, pay attention to key words and
phrases that help us recognize the tense.
Look at this photo and complete the conversation between the patient (P) and a nurse (N), use the SIMPLE PAST TENSE:
N: Hello! How .............you .............(sleep) last night?
P: I .................(not - sleep) very well, I ............(have) a terrible headache.
N: ......................the night shift nurse ...................(give) something to ease the pain?
P: Yes, ............. ................. She ..................(give) me a tranquilizer. That ...............................(help) me a lot because it ........................(relax) me.
N: ..................you ......................(have) breakfast?
P: No, I ...................., I ........................(not-be) hungry when the porter .................(bring) the breakfast.
N: Fine, ....................the other nurse .........................(check) your blood pressure?
P: Yes, she ...............(say) it .....................(be) ok.
N: ......................the night shift nurse ...................(give) something to ease the pain?
P: Yes, ............. ................. She ..................(give) me a tranquilizer. That ...............................(help) me a lot because it ........................(relax) me.
N: ..................you ......................(have) breakfast?
P: No, I ...................., I ........................(not-be) hungry when the porter .................(bring) the breakfast.
N: Fine, ....................the other nurse .........................(check) your blood pressure?
P: Yes, she ...............(say) it .....................(be) ok.
a) Why did the patient take a tranquilizer? ...................................................
b) Did she have breakfast? .........................................................................
c) How was her blood pressure? .................................................................
d) Who brought the breakfast? ...................................................................
3- Look at the photo and say where the objects are:
The patient is ........................................................
The night table is ..................................................
The pen is ............................................................
The nurse is .........................................................
The tissue paper is ...............................................
The patient is ........................................................
The night table is ..................................................
The pen is ............................................................
The nurse is .........................................................
The tissue paper is ...............................................

No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario